Details for NOTICE TO BIDDERS: Town of Shoals Cemetery Mowing
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
The Town of Shoals is taking sealed bids for the contracted mowing of the Spring Hill Cemetery for the 2021 and 2022 mowing seasons.
Mowing Season: April 1st through October 31st of each year.
MOWING: Mowing of grass to a height of 3.5 inches is desired.
* The expectations of the contractor is to mow the area once a week except in adverse weather conditions. For example, drought grass may not need mowing once a week in certain areas and wet and soft areas need plenty of time to dry to reduce the risk of making ruts in the cemetery.
TRIMMING: Trimming around headstones, trees, shrubs, etc. is to be done twice a month.
CLEANING: Cleaning of the cemetery grounds is to take place five (5) times a year. This is preferred to happen during the following time through the season:
1. At the beginning of the mo-wing season April 1st.
2. The week before the Memorial Day holiday.
3. The week before the July 4th holiday.
4. The week before the Labor Day holiday.
5. The week after the last needed mowing of the season.
Accepted contractor is required to furnish proof of 1,000,000 liability insurance prior to the start of the mowing season.
Sealed bids will be accepted at the Shoals Town Hall, at 221 Low Street, Shoals, IN 47581, or by mail, at P.O. BOX 1078, Shoals, IN 47581, until Friday, March 5, 2021, at 3:00 p.m. Bids will be opened at the regular scheduled meeting on Monday, March 8th, at 5:59 p.m., at the Shoals Town Hall.
Bid Should include: Bidder Name, address, phone number, Bid amount in total for each year. Upon awarding, the bidder will sign a contract with Town of Shoals agreeing to all terms listed above. The Town of Shoals reserves the right to refuse or deny any bid received.
1t, Feb. 17c