Details for Request for Statement of Qualifications for Environmental Consultant Services: SIDC
Request for Statement
of Qualifications for
Southern Indiana Development Commission is planning to contract for Professional Environmental Consultant Services to conduct Phase I, Phase II Environmental Site Assessments and Remedial Action Plans at multiple locations within Daviess, Greene, Knox, Lawrence, and Martin Counties in Indiana. Southern Indiana Development Commission has secured a $504,000 Brownfields Coalition Assessment Grant for both Petroleum and Hazardous Substances from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to conduct these activities. The project end date is September 30, 2023.
The project includes the following:
• Assist with ongoing Region-wide inventory identification of potential Brownfield sites.
• Coordinate with the public, county, and municipal officials to identify specific sites to conduct up to 14 Phase I Environmental Site Assessments.
• Conduct up to 11 Phase II Environmental Site Assessments on those properties with Recognized Environmental Conditions in the Phase I. These may include but not limited to geophysical surveys, soil and ground water testing, lead pa-int and asbestos testing, Underground Storage Tank removal and closure.
• Conduct up to 8 Hazardous Materials Surveys.
• Conduct up to 6 Cleanup Plans (Remedial Actions Plans & UST Removal Reports).
• Prepare all required written reports including but not limited to the Quality Assurance Project Plans (QAPP), Sampling and Analysis Plan (SAP), and Health and Safety Plans.
• Provide all necessary data and documentation for Quarterly Reports.
• Provide and upload required data to ACRES.
• Conduct public meetings to allow an open forum to discuss progress/outcome of the project.
The Statement of Qualifications must include sufficient information regarding qualifications and determine that the environmental consultant is qualified and experienced in EPA funded grants and brownfields property assessments. Do not include a proposed fee with the proposal, as this is a qualifications based selection process. The Proposal should include the following:
1. Contact Information: First and foremost, the name, title, address and telephone number of the individual with the authority to negotiate and bind the proposer contractually, and who may be contacted during the period of proposal evaluation.
2. Program Experience: Experience and ability of the firm to perform, complete and administer environmental due diligence projects under U.S. EPA Grants and the Indiana Brownfields program;
3. Firm Capacity: A brief description of the firm in terms of location of offices and sub-offices that may be engaged in the project; number of professionals in the firm and number to be made available for this project at each location; general statement about the principal types of work done by the firm and the relative amount of Property Assessment work performed;
4. Project Experience: One or two page project summaries for up to five projects of scope and complexity similar to this project. The project descriptions must include a brief description of the project and the work performed by the firm; the firm’s principal investigator or project manager and key professionals who worked on the project’ names, phone numbers and addresses of a least two references from the project client familiar with the work performed by the firm; approximate total project cost; and, project duration;
5. Recent Experience: A list of other rural area projects completed or started within the past five years, the respective clients and client contacts and phone numbers for reference if available; highlight any recent projects completed within the SIDC region.
6. Identification of Staff Members: brief resumes including education, professional certifications, relevant experience and professional associations; Also list specific educational and experience requirements that satisfy the All Appropriate Inquiries Rule defining an Environmental Professional; and availability of the proposed principal investigator or project manager and key professionals to complete the project;
7. Project Timeline: Statement about the ability of the firm to complete the work within the time frame identified in the project schedule above;
8. Capacity: Capability of the firm to complete the project (i.e., availability of monitoring and field sampling equipment; field personnel; analytical resources); and, whether these resources are in-house or must be obtained through contract services, sister or partner companies;
Instructions for Submission of Qualifications:
One (1) bound original, six (6) unbound, double-sided copies and one (1) electronic copy on CD ROM or removable drive. Statements of Qualifications must be submitted
Labeled: 2020 Brownfields RFQ
To: Southern Indiana Development Commission
Attn: Rex Knight
405 JFK Avenue, Suite A
Loogootee, IN 47553
Submissions must be received no later than 4:00 P.M., EST Thursday, October 8, 2020.
The Statements of Qualifications will be reviewed and ranked to identify at least two for further consideration including interviews with firm representatives. Contract negotiations will be entered into with the highest ranked firm, however if not successful, negotiations will proceed with the next highest ranked firm and so on.
Questions about the Request for Statements of Qualifications may be directed to Rex Knight on or before October 1 at (812) 295-3707, or firstname.lastname@example.org