Details for SETTING THE FEES FOR THE OPENING OF GRAVES AT THE SPRING HILL CEMETERY
ORDINANCE NO. 2021-5
SETTING THE FEES
FOR THE OPENING
OF GRAVES AT THE
SPRING HILL CEMETERY
WHEREAS, the Town Council of the Town of Shoals, Indiana herefore set the rates for opening graves by Ordinance 2017-3.
WHEREAS, the Town Council desires to waive the charge for opening graves for children being buried in a child’s casket.
NOW THEREFORE, be it ordained by the Town Council for the Town of Shoals, Indiana as follows:
1. That the rates for opening graves at Spring Hill Cemetery are as follows:
a) For the residents of the Town of Shoals - $400.00.
b) For Martin County residents not in the Town of Shoals - $500.00.
c) For all others not living in Martin County, Indiana - $600.00.
d) For the residents of the Town of Shoals (cremation) - $75.00.
e) For all others not living in Martin County, Indiana (cremation) - $100.00.
2. That there is an additional service charge for weekends and holidays resident or non-resident, full burial or cremation in the amount of $200.00.
3. That there is no charge for opening a grave for a child using a child casket.
4. That the above rates shall be in full force and effect 30 days after publication in The Shoals News.
5. That all Ordinances in conflict herein shall be repealed and those not in conflict shall remain in full force and effect.
PASSED AND ADOPTED by the Town of Council of the Town Shoals on this 4th day of October, 2021.
TOWN COUNCIL OF
Cary D. Albright, President
Clint D. Hoffman,
Cecil L. Ragsdale, Member
Attest: Sierra M. Rutledge,
2t, Oct. 13 & 20c